Last week we finished reading “The Giver”. Tuesday we began watching the movie and comparing the book to the movie through a series of worksheets. Yesterday and today we are completing a choice sheet of projects to end our unit on “The Giver” by Lois Lowry. This is the student’s final project for the unit.
Final Project Choices
The students are given a choice of activities to choose from. Each activity is given a set of points and students need to choose activities that add up to at least 10 points in order to get a 100%. All activities must be detailed and contain some form of color (drawing, words written in color, etc.). Here’s what they have:
- Choose 2 vocabulary words from “The Giver” and complete a Frayer Model for each word
- Complete a 3 door foldable comparing and contrasting Jonas and his father
- Complete a timeline of the story
- Create a 10 question quiz over “The Giver”, including answers
- Complete a story cube illustrating specific details of the book
- Create an ad showing why someone should want to live in the utopia in “The Giver”
- Choose a scene in “The Giver” to create a comic strip, including dialogue
- Create a presentation that serves as an advertisement for a utopia that you created
- Using 20 of the vocabulary words, create a crossword puzzle with an answer key
- Create a map showing the layout of the community in “The Giver”
The kids had yesterday and today to complete these assignments. So far, these are the products that have been turned in.
And check out this one. I was so excited when one student turned her simple presentation (that most are completing in Google Slides) into an iMovie trailer!